Study our online data science course to get skilled in this valuable, high-demand area of modern business.
“Data Scientist: The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century”- Harvard Business Review
Looking to break into the field of Data Science, or simply gain a solid understanding of the discipline? Want to better understand the importance of data, and how to use it?
A Data Scientist’s skillset is the most sought after skill across a wide range of industries. The median Data Scientist salary is $91k per annum according to Payscale, and Glassdoor awarded it Best Job in America (2016 & 2017), with a job satisfaction score of 4.4 / 5.
By studying this data science course online, you will quickly master the basics of the discipline, opening you up to a wealth of new job opportunities and propelling you into a fulfilling and lucrative career.
Or if you are not up for taking the leap into data science, but would like a better understanding, or you work with data scientists and would like to talk intelligently about their work and collaborate better, this online course is also ideal for you. Get ready to impress your data scientist colleagues and gain their respect with your insight and knowledge after completing this course!
What you get with this course:
- 39 modules of training (full syllabus below)
- A blended learning experience where you’ll learn from a mix of videos, text and interactive quizzes
- You’ll have an excellent data science foundation to take the next step for your career
In this course you will learn:
- Learn how to use your analytical skills to manipulate large data sets
- Develop business acumen, so findings are applicable in the real world
- Master statistics, to separate vital signals from irrelevant noise
- Grasp the basics R programming language and advanced Excel techniques
- Understand the core elements of data science, allowing you to solve real business problems
Read HBR’s Article about Data Science here.
More about us:
- We have nearly 1 million students in total and have been teaching courses online since 2009
- Our training is personal. If you are familiar with certain elements of Data Science you can use the filter to show you which parts of the course to skip.
- Our platform is award winning and improving all the time.
If you are not 100% happy with your Skillsology Data Science course, you have 30 days to exchange or refund
About the author:
Dr Chris Littlewood is Excel with Business’s Chief Scientific Officer and co-founder. Chris worked as a consultant at strategy consultancy Mars & Co after completing degrees in physics and maths at Oxford and Cambridge and conducting research in particle physics at CERN. His doctorate included a comparison of algorithms used to cluster jets of particles produced in high energy collisions so that all the products of a particle decay could be associated with the right parent particle.
He has fifteen years’ experience in analysis and strategy development, across industries at Mars & Co and in the rail sector. Since co-founding Excel with Business, Chris has led on the science behind the product, particularly the filtering algorithm that personalizes an individual’s course syllabus based on their job role, learning needs and current proficiency.
He’s passionate about education, science, and understanding what makes industries and organisations tick.
There is currently no public syllabus for this course.