This short course aims to take you from a novice to an expert in under 2 hours!
The Excel for Accountants (Basic) course is a short course consisting of 10 video-led modules. The course is primarily aimed at accountants, bookkeepers and accounting professionals and aims to provide learners with a solid foundation with which to build further skills.
Excel is an incredibly powerful tool for accountants, and it is a key skill that any budding accountant or accountancy professional should try to become familiar with. For financial insight and analysis, crunching numbers and compiling non-numerical data, Excel continues to be the tool of choice throughout the accounting and finance field.
Learning to excel at Excel is a great accounting career move. With so much functionality it’s very easy to get overwhelmed, particularly when you are just starting out. Master the basics of Excel and build a solid foundation in which to build further skills.
Why Excel matters:
We all know Excel is essential for any business. When efficiently applied it is a powerful tool, allowing you to manipulate vast amounts of data, automate tasks and present complex information however you see fit.
We also know how difficult it is to find quality instruction that is:
- Easy to follow
- Gets you the results you want
- Teaches you advanced methods that you can quickly put into practice
That’s why we developed our online Excel course.
What you get with this Excel for Accountants (Basic) course:
- 12 brand new demo videos with professional voiceovers
- 11 modules with text, that are relevant and easy to understand
- 10 downloadable exercises
- Quiz questions in every module
- Specific objectives and top concepts
In this course you’ll learn:
- Worksheet organisation and navigation tips
- Understanding Number and Date Formatting
- Conditional Formatting
- Constructing Formulas using Basic Functions
- The Importance of Absolute Cell References
- Sorting and Filtering Data
- Looking beyond simple Paste
- The advantages of naming Ranges
- Manipulating data with Text Functions
- The magic of Flash Fill
About the author:
Deborah Ashby is the in-house IT Trainer here at Excel with Business, specialising in Microsoft Office training courses and content creation. Deborah has been an IT Trainer for nine years and has been supporting Microsoft products for 21 years. Deborah is a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) and Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
There is currently no public syllabus for this course.