Transform the accounting process from a necessary evil into an opportunity to protect, improve, expand and optimise your business.
All people in business know that accounting sits importantly at the heart of the business world. But fewer people fully understand that accounting represents so much more than the necessary evil of recording profit and loss. Accounting presents business owners and staff with an enormously powerful set of information and tools with which to make critical decisions that protect, improve, expand and even revolutionise the business.
If you are not 100% happy with your course, you have 30 days to exchange or refund
In this course you will learn:
- How to set up and use an accounting system
- How to set up a chart of accounts and how to use this to track your assets, liabilities, revenue and expenses
- How to manage inventory, monitoring sales, prove out cash, contain expenses, and pay employees
- How to balance books, make adjustments or correct errors
- How to prepare your financial statements
- How to test your profitability and liquidity
- How to set up systems to protect your cash and business against fraud
- Explore the taxes you will need to pay (employee taxes, sales taxes and corporate taxes)
- How to finalise your accounts, preparing year-end federal and state reports
About the author:
Our author, Lita Epstein, has an outstanding reputation for explaining essential management accounting concepts clearly to student and business audiences respectively. A co-author of our Accounting & Business (US) course, she has written this course with a practical focus explicitly in mind.
- Author of: Bookkeeping Kit for Dummies, Complete Idiot’s Guide to Accounting, Reading Financial Reports for Dummies, The Business Owner’s Guide to Reading and Understanding Financial Statements, Trading for Dummies, Complete Idiot’s Guide to Improving Your Credit Score.
- MBA from Emory University’s Goizueta Business School (where she ran the Accounting Lab). Managed the finances for five departments under Facilities Management of the Emory Clinics.
- Raised funds as Associate Director of Development for former President Jimmy Carter’s international activities