Self-service BI has never been so user-friendly!
What is Microsoft Power BI?
Microsoft Power BI offers users true Self-Service BI. Power BI enables business users to interact with corporate information and to extract the reports and intel they need. Power BI allows users to access reports and dashboards using familiar tools and devices.
Microsoft Power BI Introduction will show you how to create compelling visualisations and reports which provide profound insights into your data.
By the end of the course, you will be confident in using the three main components of Power BI:
- Power BI Desktop
- the Power BI Service
- and Power BI Mobile Apps.
You will know how to connect to a wide variety of data sources, using both Power BI Desktop, and the Power BI Service.
On completion of this course you will know:
- How to use the Query Editor to transform and morph data into the right format for your reporting purposes.
- How to perform complex data modelling operations using relationships, calculated columns, measures, and DAX expressions.
- How to share dashboards and reports, with colleagues, business partners and potential clients.
- How to use Power BI’s sophisticated security features to control the exact content your audience can view.
In short, this Microsoft Power BI Introduction will equip you with all the skills you need, to start using Power BI with confidence.
About the Author:
Grant Gamble is an experienced IT trainer, developer, consultant and author able to deliver a wide range of training courses. He has a vast experience of producing public and on-site IT training content at different skill levels, to groups of varying sizes. His UK company G Com Solutions Limited provide IT training courses and consultancy to a wide range of the UK and international clients.
Grants speciality is running week-long, intensive training workshops on topics like Microsoft Power BI, VBA, web development and Adobe Creative Suite automation.